Cheongsam is a very popular Chinese dress worn by women. It was first introduced in the 17th century. Qin Dynasty introduced this back in the 17th century. It became very popular all over the country within no time. However, many feared that the popularity will end with the fall of the Qin Dynasty. But that didn’t really happen. Women of all ages started wearing this and they all fell for the beauty of this dress. Singapore is the perfect place to find the most stylish Cheongsams. There are so many online and offline shops in Singapore that sells latest modern Cheongsam Singapore as well as classic Cheongsam.
It was too revolutionary in Classic Cheongsam
When we look at the history of classic Cheongsam, we can see that it never remained the same.
- In the ancient days both men and women started wearing. And it was loose fit back then.
- It was meant to cover the modesty of the wearer. But things have changed a lot over the years.
- It’s no longer the same now. Back then it very long dress covering neck to foot.
- Today, it’s far less short compared to the older versions.
- Today, Cheongsam is witnessing a lot of fashion innovations. You will find them in sexy and elegant varieties today. And women simply love wearing it.
- Back in the day, the rulers and the general public had some issues with this dress because they thought that it was less revealing. Some of the rulers tried to ban it. But that didn’t really happen.
- Cheongsam was considered revolutionary as it allowed women to exhibit their body parts, which irked people from those eras.
- In the 20th century, Cheongsam became very fashionable and it started blending different styles from all over the world.
- In the 20th century, Cheongsam became a dress which fit the waist.
- Today, it has become shorter in length. And it hugs the body to show the body shape of the women.