First and foremost, what is an SSL certificate? Well, it is simply a form of recognition that you are a reliable person to do business with on the web space. When it comes to online business, it has become a necessity. The customer has lots of reservations when it comes to sharing their sensitive personal information on random websites. And you have got to address that fear. When you have a digital certificate, it will become easier for your client to trust you as a business owner. Many have questions about SSL certificate price. Well, it isn’t that costly as long as you don’t have too many websites in Singapore.
Some basics of SSL certificates
Let’s take a look at some of the basics that you need to know.
- SSL cert is also called Digital ID.
- You can say that it is an online ID for you as a website owner, just like a passport, driving license etc. in real life.
- A digital certificate proves your identity.
- It gives you right to contact services and information on the web.
- When you have a digital certificate, you will be able to secure personal and business transactions that happen online.
What are digital certificates?
It is basically part of the technology named Public Key communications. You can say that these are online ID cards. It functions just like an ID card. As in the case of the ID card, your digital certificate has important information about you and your organization. Digital certificates are issued by Issuing Authority companies. Like every other country, customers in Singapore will appreciate it if you have an SSL certificate. It also has information about the authority that issued the card. When you have a digital certificate, your client will find it easy to do business with you online. For the same, you should try to have it as soon as possible for your business.